Payment is expected at the time services are rendered. We accept major credit and debit cards such as Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and American Express. We do take Care Credit and Scratch Pay. We also accept cash.
Pet insurance is also a viable option for many pet owners, helping them pay the cost of unexpected veterinary care. There are a variety of pet insurance companies and plans, so feel free to contact us today if you need any guidance.
Another payment option is CareCredit, a healthcare credit card that allows your pet to get veterinary care when they need it. Instead of paying the entire cost of care at once, CareCredit allows you to pay off your balance in monthly installments.
Patient Arrival Policy
For your protection, and that of others, all dogs must be on a leash and properly controlled while in the waiting area or exam rooms.
All cats must be presented in an appropriate cat carrier or on a leash.
If you have any questions or concerns about our payment policy or your options, please don’t hesitate to contact us today. We would be happy to speak with you and welcome your call.
Sundays, and holidays, staff members or the doctors make rounds to feed, walk, and medicate all animals staying in our facility. However, constant monitoring is not available after hours.
Emergency hospitals are available to provide treatment; monitoring, and hospitalization for post surgical or critical care animals when our hospital is closed.
In the event of an emergency after hours, please contact:
Bay Beach Veterinary Hospital and After Hours Emergency Services
4340 Virginia Beach Blvd.
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
Phone: (757) 340-3913
PICK-UP/DROP OFF POLICIES:
- Please be advised that all pets that are not picked up by the closing of any given day will be boarded at the owners’ expense.
- Pickup time for boarding is 2:00 PM. If pet is picked up after pick-up time then additional charges will apply. Exceptions are Grooming and Doggie Daycare.
- Drop off time for boarding is Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between 8:00AM and 5:00PM, Tuesday and Thursday between 8:00AM-6:00PM, and Saturday 8:00AM-12:00PM.
**Be advised that if pet is not dropped off during drop off times, there is a late fee.
- Owners must provide proper vaccine records. I understand that if records are not provided, Abbey Animal Hospital will give all required vaccines.
Unfortunately due to some credit abusers, Payment is due at the time the service is rendered. As we receive no charitable donations or government subsidy this policy will insure Abbey Animal Hospital will be able to continue to provide quality care to all its patients.
- Payment is required at the time services are rendered. We accept cash, Care Credit, Scratch Pay and all major credit cards.
- There will be a $25.00 charge for failure to cancel an appointment without a full 24 hour notice.
- In all emergency cases a deposit equal to a generic life-saving treatment plan is required.
- Please feel free to discuss fees for services before those services are performed. A written treatment plan can be made upon request.
- No Cash Refunds. Sales of all medications and prescriptions are final.
- Obtaining Professional services knowingly without intent or ability to pay, or writing a bad check constitutes fraud under the laws of Virginia.